5.20.2012

welcome to unemployment

I am now officially unemployed.  kindof scary, but also kindof awesome.


I have some of the world's best co-workers who gave me a great sendoff, making me feel very loved and appreciated. I have worked for the same company for the past 4 1/2 years, have learned so much, and made some really great friends... so saying goodbye wasn't exactly easy.

 

many margaritas were had on thursday night at my farewell happy hour. the weather was perfect for sitting outside and chatting over chips + salsa. and when I walked into the office on friday morning [just a little hungover] for my last day of work...


... my cube was stuffed full of balloons! Erika and Kelsey had come in early to wrap everything in purple paper and throw in the balloons they had spent all week secretly inflating. they also hung up an American flag and streamers [I think trying to convince me America is awesome and I shouldn't leave them.] I cleared a path to my computer and left most of the balloons in my cube all day. it was like being a kid again! we had a lot of fun bouncing them around the office, and at the end of the day we all took out some aggression and had a popping party. 


walking out of the office building for the very last time made things seem a lot more real. we're really doing this! I will definitely miss my co-workers, but I'm excited for what's next.

I came home and took a brief but much-needed nap, then Husband and I drove down to Philly for dinner. I was feeling very bright and optimistic, so decided to dress the part. what to wear with yellow polka dot pants? a bright pink shirt and a big smile, of course!


we met up for some Ethiopian food with some of Husband's fellow Fulbright Scholars. they all went on a 6 week trip to Turkey last summer, but this was my first time meeting them. the food was tasty and the conversation was interesting, and by the end of the night I think most of them promised to come visit us in Taiwan [and I hope they do!]

I know the next few weeks will be hectic with packing and cleaning, but I have to say my last day of work and my first night of unemployment were very enjoyable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...